1975 BMW 2002. I have owned the car for roughly two years, and when I purchased it I had it shipped here from Reno,
NV. The time I had the car it was garage kept and did not see snow. I did drive it daily April through October,
including multiple 5 + hour trips with no issues, besides dealing with people honking and giving the thumbs up or
hang loose hand gesture (this is a very common occurrence). The car is in excellent shape and has very little rust
considering it was in a dry climate most of its life. I recently took it to Nikolas Motorsports where the entire
engine was rebuilt, which cost roughly $7500. I have the receipts. The engine also has a Weber 38/38. (Engine has
only 38 miles on it, the odometer reads 55,xxx). I was also told that the car has a TII block and a hotter cam, but
cannot verify without cracking the head open.
Parts included in rebuild:
- Ceramic coated pistons and bearings (bored .030 over)
- Engine gasket set
- Rod bearing set
- Main bearing set
- Chain guide
- Head gasket set
- Piston ring set
- Rod set
- Head bolts
- Oil pump
- Rod bolts/nuts
- misc. parts
(All engine work has a two year warranty by Nikolas Motorsports)
In addition to engine rebuild, I also had them install a new driveshaft and install new suspension bushings
throughout the car. I have all the receipts from the previous owner as well (Reno Rennsport, etc.)
Other upgrades include Alpine stereo system throughout car with bluetooth, 15" Rota rims with nearly brand new
Yokohama S-Drive tires, Ireland Engineering stage II springs with all around, dash cover (that's a plastic cover,
not the original underneath which has cracking), new window seals in rear and door seals (which need to be glued
better) and that beautiful vintage wooden steering wheel. I will throw in all of the original springs and tires.
I'll even throw in the extra wooden steering wheel, although I feel this one looks better, don't you?
I tried to take pictures of all the bad with this car, although none of these issues are severe or major.
- Tears in both seats.
- Speedometer glass fell out, but I do have it, just never got around to putting it back in.
- Rear of headliner is tacked in (in pictures).
- Hood has a weird cracking rust spot, which was POR15'd by previous owner. Rust and cracking has stopped, just an
- Misc. chips and dings on body (I drove it daily, as did the previous owner in Reno...isn't that what you're
supposed to do?)
- Right Window sits kind of funky when rolled up all the way, an easy fix I just never took it apart to make it
- Missing washer fluid reservoir.
- Missing left license plate light.
I have tried to list everything about the car as thoroughly as possible along with many pictures, but would be glad
to take any additional pictures upon request.