MUST SEE Restored to Show Condition, 3 Owner Southern Car, Factory Build Sheet, 84K Original Miles, 260 DETAILED PICS & HD VIDEO. Put together at the Baltimore GM Plant and delivered to Lustine Chevrolet, this Chevelle has been garaged its entire life in North & South Carolina by 3 private owners, including myself as one. My Chevelle is a classic example of flawless preservation and care. In the photos, I have presented the flawless, original, clean, and rust-free floor pans and interior sheet metal still painted the original Ascot Blue from the factory. Even the factory sound deadening material was perfectly in tact. The original build sheet was still housed under the rear seat, albeit in pieces. With the door and rear quarter window panels off, take a peak inside and throughout and I show near flawless sheet metal still in factory condition. It has a gorgeous, solid, original trunk pan and awesome unharmed sheet metal on the exterior, repainted to show quality in its original Ascot Blue color. The body is straight as an arrow. With near perfect original floor pans, it is restored and very clean underneath as well. Bound for a true collector’s garage, it can easily take far beyond its selling price to get it to its current restoration quality and functionality. Hands down, this true 1971 Chevelle in its current condition is one of the cleanest and finest in these parts. Many dealer and owners can claim they have a clean 2nd generation Chevelle and advertise their cars as such but how do you really truly know what you’re buying? I have provided photo after photo and a complete video of this car piece by piece to demonstrate just how clean this car really is. From drivetrain, to body, to interior this car drives, looks, and is preserved just as the engineers at GM would have wanted.
For 260 detailed photos of every angle of the car, visit Flickr at:
For a complete 20-minute demo of every aspect of the car, including a driving demo, copy and paste the following link to YouTube:
Call Andy (Private Owner) at 407-417-4184 or email@example.com. Car is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
• I personally rate the drivetrain a 9. It has a professionally built, balanced, and blueprinted 350 cubic-inch V8 easily running at 325-350HP (not the original motor) mated to the original turbo-hydramatic 350 (has the B162390 stamp on it to match the VIN) and the original 2.73:1 GH code 10-bolt rear end. It is a really nice balance of street power and good fuel economy and is perfectly synchronized even to 90mph + with great throttle response. Modern upgrades include electronic ignition, Holly 650 CFM carburetor, Holley Aluminum Intake, mild cam, headers, roller rockers and glass pack dual exhaust. It is all housed in a very clean, restored engine compartment.
• I personally rate the body and paint a 9. The body is very straight due to the solid original sheet metal. Professionally repainted back to the original Ascot Blue. I have waxed this car over and over and have yet to find even 1 chip in the paint. Nicely painted underneath the trunk and hood and in all jams. It is one step below Barret Jackson showroom quality, which means you can still win your class at any car show without the stress of having to be an absolute trailer queen. Non-factory add-ons include the vinyl top, white racing stripes, and cowl hood. I have the original hood in near perfect condition if someone desires to eliminate the SS-only stripes.
• I personally rate the interior an 8.5. The beige interior color is a perfect complement to the Ascot Blue exterior. Very hard to find interiors this clean and well put together with only minute flaws. The smallest details in excellent condition are what set it apart.
• Factory C60 code A/C (per build sheet) and Heat (A/C taken out for service/charging when I photographed the car. The unit is complete)
• Factory Power Steering
• Factory Power Brakes
• Mechanical items (See Video) from speedometer to fuel gauge to lights to door handles to locks to windows to wipers, to heater, etc. all work
• All exterior chrome trim is in excellent condition, including front and rear bumpers.
• Very few miles on the Cooper Cobra radial tires sitting on perfect Keystone Mag Wheels
• The glass on this car is flawless and contains no scratches. There is a tiny crack on the front windshield the size of a small marble from a rock.
• Weatherstripping and seals are flawless.
• Suspension and brakes are all operational and the car drives extremely straight and smooth.
• VIN 136371B162390
• Original transmission code – stamped w/ partial VIN B162390. Build sheet also has CBC TRAN on it, which is the “Chevrolet-Buick Combined” 350 so this was a factory 350 and the original is still on the car
• Rear axle code – stamped GHC0402, which stands for GH=2.73:1 ratio 10-bolt, C= Ohio Plant, 040 = 40th day of the year (February 9), 2 = 2nd shift. Build sheet also has the common G97 code and says “273 ratio axle” next to it.