1968 Mustang Convertible (390/428 Engine. Sold to me as a 428, but looks like a 390, could be bored out.)
I purchased 4 years ago from the US. The engine had been recently rebuilt with 500 miles on it at that point. I have put about 1000 miles on top of the 500. Runs great, and is reliable.
The paint is good, but to make it a show car it would need a show car paint job. This is a solid daily driver that's reliable.
Way too many new parts to list, but here are the main upgrades and recent work:
- Borgeson integrated power steering.- New Edlebrock carb.
- New front disc brake setup.
- New master cylinder and brake lines.
- All new steering linkage.
- New strut rods and strut rod brackets.- New rear leaf springs.
- New door/window regulators.
- New tires.
- New Eleanor style rims.
- New plugs wires and coil.
- New alternator.
- Solid state voltage regulator.
- New battery.- New Ford 9" rear end not installed yet.
- New rear wheel cylinders, and shoes.
- New parking brake assembly and cables.
- New one piece export brace not installed yet.
- New Global West +3 Upper control arms. (Allows for modern day alignment that makes the car drive great.)
- New lower control arms.
- Magnaflow Exhaust installed this week
$21,500 (Over $27,000 invested.) SOLD