The Old Ford's Story
This 1940 Ford was purchased new by a General in the United States Army. The General had it painted to a dark “Army Green” upon purchasing the vehicle. The Ford then spent most of its early life traveling by rail to military bases located throughout the United States during World War II. After the war, the General had it shipped overseas to Germany, where he was stationed until 1950. After retiring from military duty, the General and his Ford returned home to the U.S., where the vehicle then served as the General's transportation until 1955. At that time, it was retired to a dry barn in New Hampshire for storage.
In 2013 it was sold and underwent a mechanical refresh. The original 85 HP Flat Head V8: New water pump, points, distributor cab, fuel pump, thermostat, rebuilt carburetor and generator. Suspension: New wheel bearings, tie rods, king pins, shock absorber links, drag link and front alignment. Brakes: New master cylinders, brake shoes and hoses, rear emergency hand brake cable, 2 new drums and 4 new wheel cylinders. Wheels: New hub cabs, trim rings, bead blasted, primed, base and clear coated wheels and new B.F. Goodrich wide white wall tires. Misc: New gas tank and sending unit, muffler and tailpipe with deflector, headlights, new front and rear windshield and rubber gaskets.
See More Pictures at http://www.jensendealerships.com/ SOLD