For Sale is a Black 1986 Jaguar XJ6 Project Car. I bought the car to restore it and convert it with a CHevy 350. I have lost both the money and the time to finish it. The Car currently is not running. It has the interior removed and most of the outside trim pieces removed.
What was done so far:
1) The rust was professionally repaired in the floor, the wheel wells and the windshield surround.
2) All rust repairs had new metal welded in and repainted.
3) Windshield was removed along with rear glass and new seals were put in along with a new Sunroof seal.
Body is solid but needs the rest of the body painted.
I have the following new parts for the car:
1) New wood grain for dash and interior
2) New Evaporator Core
3) New Condenser
4) New rear brake pads and Rotors
5) New chrome gas tank filler covers
6) New Exhaust from manifold's back. ( not including manifolds)
The body work cost me $2500.00, the new parts cost me another $1500.00
I am obviously taking a huge loss, but I lost all ambition to finish this project.
Car was a strong runner before I took it apart to refurbish it. It doesn't run because I have the interior apart and everything is disconnected, so I could have the rust fixed properly by sending the car as a shell to the body shop. If your not interested in pulling the drivetrain to make it a chevy, the original motor and trans are in running condition.