Announced in its home market in May 1957 the XK150 bore a family resemblance to the XK120 and XK140 but was radically revised. Most visibly, a one-piece windshield replaced the split screen, and the fender line carried higher and more streamlined at the doors. The widened hood opened down to the fenders, and on the coupés the windshield frame was moved forward 4 inches to make passenger access easier. The car was available at various times in Red, Pearl Grey, White, Indigo Blue, Claret, Cotswold Blue, Black, Mist Grey, Sherwood Green, Carmen Red, British Racing Green, Cornish Grey, and Imperial Maroon.
The XK140's walnut dashboard was replaced in leather. On the early drophead coupés, the aluminum center dash panel, which was discontinued after June 1958, had an X pattern engraving similar to the early 3.8 E-Type. Thinner doors gave more interior space. A little red light reminded the driver that the front parking lights, located atop the fenders were on.
Suspension and chassis were very similar to the XK140, with manual-only rack and pinion steering. The 3.4 litre DOHC straight-6 XK engine was similar to the XK140's, but a new "B" type cylinder head raised power to 180 SAE bhp at 5750 rpm.
In the spring of 1958 with the March release of special equipment models fitted with disc brakes and more powerful SE engine. Twin 1.75-inch SU HD6 carburetors and a modified B type cylinder head with larger exhaust valves improved performance to 210 SAE bhp at 5500 rpm.
Total Jaguar XK150 production was 9,398 examples and of these, the XK150S model totalled 1,466 units, with 924 roadsters, 349 FHC and 193 DHC.
PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO VIEW THIS CAR AS IT IS LISTED OFF SITE
This is a consignment vehicle and the information above was provided by the current owner. We can make no guarantees as to the accuracy of the above information. However, please understand as with all pre-owned automobiles, the described condition is subjective
Worldwide Enclosed Door To Door Transportation / Financing Available