Up for sale is a very desirable1968 MG MGB GT. This car has been restored inside and out, with an immaculate interior, bright red exterior, and rebuilt and carefully upgraded engine. This car is a sweet Southern Belle, with a straight, rust free body, which has been restored to the utmost standards.
In 2004 this car was purchased by the previous owner at the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction in Scottsdale Arizona. As any car enthusiast knows, this alone is a mark of excellence, a distinction that a very few select cars have.
Many cars have been “restored,” “well kept,” or in some other way described as “prime.” But few MG’s can compare to this GT—a well cared for car that has been restored and upgraded to the utmost of detail and care.
The car’s appearance is beautiful. I would consider this to be a very prime candidate for car shows. BUT—this is no trailer queen! This car is a joy to drive. It accelerates quickly, handles smoothly, and truly shifts like a modern car (smooth crisp shifts on a fully synchronized four speed transmission). Furthermore, the GT is the best of both worlds, sports car looks and handling with a bit a space for the legs and cargo. The car is suited for anything from bouncing around town to long trips (I actually just took it on a 1000 mile road trip to Myrtle Beach which was a blast).
Here are the details:
The original 1798 cc (109.8 ci) engine has been complemented with a full restoration and upgrade:
• ALL INTERIOR ENGINE COMPONENTS ARE NEW
• Crankshaft has been turned to .010 under
• Pistons are .020 over stock
• Total seal piston rings to ensure good compression
• The head has new valves, valve guides, hardened seats, and new seals
• Rocker arm assembly has new shaft and bushings
• Upgraded free flow exhaust, with a handsome, dual chrome tail pipe
• UPGRADED and UPDATED Ignition: Petronix Ignitor electronic ignition, Crane Fire Cell Ignition Coil, and NGK Plugs help make the most out of this great engine
The engine is paired with a fully synchronized four speed transmission:
• New Borg and Beck (OEM) clutch assembly
• Rebuilt clutch cylinder
• New ring gear
• Both the engine, flywheel, and clutch assemblies have been dynamically balanced
Braking and Suspension systems have been completely rebuilt and or upgraded:
• Brake system has new seals, hoses, rebuilt master brake cylinder, new
rotors, pads, and shoes, and utilizes dot-5 full silicone fluid
• Rear suspension has been upgraded with a tube shock conversion (a great
upgrade for enhanced comfort and handling)
• A Weber DGAV downdraft carburetor has been installed and tuned for the car—this adds performance, efficiency, and superior reliability.
• Car stays cool with a new radiator, rebuilt heater core, new hoses and thermostat
• A new 10” auxiliary electric fan with automatic temperature regulation has been installed and can help keep the car cool even on 100o days in the South (again—this car is a Southern Belle- Previous owners where in Arizona and Georgia)
• The starter and alternator have been rebuilt
• New upholstery on the seats and doors
• Comfortable, new seats
• New carpeting throughout
• New Dash
• New seals through out
• Clean and fully functioning Smiths brand gauges
• Floor and trunk fully sound and heat insulated
• Upgraded Sony Radio with Polk Audio Speakers
• Security: Remote fuel pump shut off switch, hidden under dash
• Painted 64 spoke wire wheels with 2 arm spin-offs
• Chrome, Hella GT 4004 mirrors
• Unique front air dam
• Chrome bumpers and accents
As a whole this car is top notch. It drives great, has space, yet is still very sporty, and is in excellent condition. I monitor many classic car sites and have honestly seen few cars that can match this one’s overall condition and attention to detail. It would be fair to say that this car, when considering its overall performance, appearance, and reliability, it is better than when it left the factory. It is very reliable and leaves nothing to be desired (my apologies to fellow tinkerers and shade tree mechanics).
I can be reached via email or phone for questions, call for Nick, at 302-547-4878—if I am not available leave a message.