1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SE Coupe.
The car has an M130 Engine from a 280SE. The 2.8 is a better unit than the 2.5, so while the engine is not original, I saw this as a plus. The car was originally owned by an Air Force Colonel in Louisiana, until 1994, then two more owners before me. Its never been driven in the snow and salt of the midwest. The car has 194,000 miles and clear Michigan title.
Positives of the car
- 15" wheels (the correct W110 part number, not 80's replacements)
- Working power windows (they all work, check out my youtube video below)
- Working heater blower motor (this rarely works on these cars)
- New tyres, brake master cylender, brake booster
- SOLID - while there are a few small rust areas, this car is very solid for its age and price
- nice 'wine' colored interior (although front seats need recovering)
- Engine and transmission are really strong
- Runs nicely and always starts up
- PO put in new water pump just before I bought it
- working becker radio
- I have some history from the original owner
Negatives on the car
- Some small rust spots, the usual ones for a southern car; trunk wells, trunk lid, behind headlights, under front bumper, behind front wheel
- needs new shocks (ride is too soft)
- crack in windscreen
- rear speakers not working
- front seats need recovering
- small hole in center muffler
The car rides nicely. See my videos below for a virtual test drive!
You can also see more high resolution pictures here:
The car is located in Royal Oak and can be seen and test driven on weekends. call 313 310 5265.
If I get the price I'm looking for, I'll also throw in all my spares - I have a starter, alternater, heater core, headlights, brake booster and some other misc things.SOLD