Highlights and Issues:
• 1957 Mercury Monterey with genuine Ford Y-block 368cu TurnPike Cruiser Engine with 290 hp.
• Originally a Pennsylvania owned car, then to Florida, then to me in Colorado…I am the third owner.
• Turn-key ignition; not the push button ignition but all push button gears remain and all work perfectly; Drive, Reverse, Low, N/S, and Stop Brake button
o Features POWER STEERING that responds perfectly for this heavy beast!?!?!
o Car pulls slightly to the right when braking…needs alignment or maybe it’s just HEAVY!?!?!
o Brand new Master Cylinder installed this past May.
o Ignition and Oil lamp lights work as they should
(!) – Only body issue = 3” cut in the metal located in the rear quarter panel on the Driver’s side by the rear bumper;
o Original bumpers; top two pieces on front bumper and entire rear bumper was painted by previous owner = needs to be re-chromed; No dents, no rust, no deep scratches…
o Stainless Trim pieces intact and in decent condition; minor dings and dents…
o Some small paint bubbles on the rear panels and trunk
o A few minor cracks in the paint on the top panels near the Mercury symbol by the rear window
• Interior was recently refurbished and the interior is original;
o Vinyl bench seats are Tri-color and in excellent condition
o Dashboard was re-padded back to original condition
A few stubborn and one missing knob on the dashboard
o New glove-box; restored back to original
o Original but cracked steering wheel
o Original horn button
o Gauges work except right turn signal
o Wind shield wiper motor is new but not working
o Newly installed grey floor carpeting
o No radio; only the radio bay
• Brand new Sincera tires on the rear with excellent condition Cooper Cobra tires on the front; all 215/70/R15 tires.
• Rally rims are perfect fit for this car but do show some wear and fading
• Dual Exhaust; with chrome tips included.
• Trunk is clean and HUGE; when I had new tires put on, the shop put together the new spare rim and tire for me!
• Hood release works perfectly; hood opens toward the front, not conventional which I love!!!
• Engine bay is super clean, especially for this car’s age;
o Brand new battery post cables
o Brand new Air Filter
o Newly painted air filter housing and some other custom painting that can easily be re-done,
o Fan is in excellent condition
• Only surface rust on under carriage of entire car; as expected but no rot/rust – SOLID and STRAIGHT BODY and FRAME!
• Glass for this car is excellent and all original but it does show significant wear (yellowing around edges and small pitting)
o Trim pieces are out of alignment and there are significant gaps between wing windows and main door glass
o Rear wheel fender skirts also included!
Anything else you want to know, please ask! - $20,000/o.b.o.SOLD
LocationHenderson, Colorado Mileage:45350 Engine: 368 Turnpike Cruiser Body Type: 2 door hardtop Interior: tri-color Exterior: Red