All offers considered. Garage kept. No rust. Ready to drive or modify. Sold with installed/rebuilt Pont 326ci with new Edelbrock 4-barrel intake and carburetor plus a Sprint OHC-6.
Exterior and interior work done. I have all maintenance and restoration records on the car (back to '91) and the 326ci (back to '85).
Sale comes with rare Pontiac Sprint 6cyl OHC motor and all of that motor's original parts (except drive shaft and rear). Parts include 4-barrel intake, 4-barrel carburetor, dual exhaust manifold, 3-speed trans, air cleaner, timing belt cover, distributor, etc. Motor has not been touched since it was pulled from the Sprint car in 1991. It was not running when we rescued this car. The motor, trans and parts have been garage kept since pulled in 1991. The odo read 68,509 miles at that time.
VIN: 223378U602358. 1968 Firebird Sprint car.
Exterior color: Nordic Blue (Paint Code F-F, correct for car).
Interior color: Teal with Custom Option Strato-bucket Seats (Trim Code 255, correct for car).
Mileage on car: 76,000 (odometer works). The odometer read 68,509 when we bought car to restore.
Motor running in car: 326ci, 8cyl ('67 Pontiac Firebird) with brand new Edelbrock 4-barrel intake and 600cfm 4-barrel carburetor with electric choke.
Transmission in car: 2-speed Power Glide ('67 Pontiac Firebird); 700 miles on it since full R&R (just done in 2012).
Power steering, manual windows, new heater core, no AC car.
New Firestone Super Sports Wide Oval tires (correct for this car).
Details on motor and trans running in car:
- 326ci, 8cyl ('67 Pontiac Firebird) with a brand new Edelbrock 4-barrel intake and 600cfm 4-barrel carburetor with electric choke!
- Recently we did a compression test, replaced the valley pan gasket and adjusted all the rocker arms. The heads were clean as a whistle. Compression was consistent all around +/- 150.
- The 326 underwent a full rebuld in 1991 (I have original worksheet) with 14,000 miles and 22 years on motor since rebuild; then the motor sat for 18 years. Subsequently the timing chain cover seal drips. Rear seal drips a little. It just needs to be pulled and resealed and painted.
- In 2012, the 2-speed Power Glide automatic transmission was disassembled, inspected, and resealed in all places by a professional automatic transmission service (700 miles ago, service sheet available). There were no broken parts. There are no leaks and it runs well.
Recently completed (2011-2013):
- New radiator.
- New Edelbrock 4-barrel intake manifold.
- New 600cfm Edelbrock 4-barrel carburetor (I still have the original Holly that came with the 326ci).
- New triple gauge cluster (temp, voltage, oil pressure) installed.
- Heater core replaced, New exhaust, Master brake cylinder replaced, 4 wheel cylinders replaced, Brake shoes replaced, New Firestone Super Sports Wide Oval tires, New shocks, Battery and cables replaced, Fuel pump replaced, Starter replaced, Replaced one brake drum and one upper ball joint front.
- PCV valve replaced, Horn relay replaced, Head lamp switch replaced, Plugs and wires replaced, New distributor cap and rotor, New thermostat, Belts and hoses replaced.
The Sprint motor and 3-speed transmission have 68,509 miles on them. Same as when pulled in '91. Motor has not been touched since it was pulled. The 250ci, 3-speed trans and other parts have been garage kept since pulled in 1991. See photos. All motor and trans parts come with sale: 250ci 6-cyl OHC engine, 4-barrel carburetor, 4-barrel intake, dual exhaust manifold, hard to find original air cleaner, 3-speed manual transmission, original timing belt and timing belt cover, pedal assembly and linkage, distributor, radiator, and Sprint rocker panels. The 250 was not running when purchased to restore, so in went the Firebird 326 with a Power Glide.
When the 326ci was installed in 1991, also installed were:
- Front coil springs (67 Firebird) to accompany larger motor.
- Rear multi-leaf springs (67 Firebird) (replaced single leaf).
- Rear shock/leaf spring plates (67 Firebird).
- Drive shaft and rear end (67 Firebird).
- Steering box (goes with power steering on 326ci) (67 Firebird).
Complete exterior and interior restored from 1994-2003, all worksheets available.
- Body stripped and returned to the cars original Nordic Blue and the interior kept to original Teal.
- Underbody sandblasted and painted.
- Replaced steering wheel with Pontiac GM steering wheel, dash panel replaced.
- Bumpers re-chromed.
- Gas tank replaced and new gas lines installed.
- New ball joints and new brake lines.
- Re-covered the original Pontiac Custom Option Strato-bucket Seats.
- Replaced headliner, carpet, upholstery, interior door panels and interior side panels.
- Re-painted dash metal and console. Console goes with 2-speed Power Glide configuration.
- All exterior and interior parts were either refurbished or replaced.
- Replaced all lens assemblies, lenses, emblems, moldings, trims, seals, bushings, rubbers, gaskets, and more (worksheets available).
- Roof panel was replaced.
Restore and return Sprint motor and trans to car if you want to or put your own motor in or keep 326. Not much else to do on this car.
Email any questions or call 410-733-2868 if interested.
More pictures are available of car and uninstalled Sprint motor. Let me know what youd like to see and I'll send them to you. SOLD