1990 Volvo 240 4-door sedan, not a turbo - gas or diesel. AT ( Automatic transmission ), power windows. Selling for a friend who moved. Starts easily, runs and drives, needs some minor work/service. ~168K on odometer but it works intermittently so is sold "not actual mileage".
Was a daily driver until this summer and has had regular maintenance including new parts within the last few years: alternator, water pump, timing belt, rear-main seal, rebuilt steering rack. Exhaust is solid; tires have good tread. Body is solid above and underneath. Lights, signals, gauges, wipers & washers work.
Interior is excellent. Perhaps not quite "like new" but well above average in cleanliness and condition. Could use a wash & wax - it's dusty from being in the garage.
What's wrong with it:
- The paint has scuffs and scratches. There is surface rust on the hood-edge and the wheel wells.
- Front trim above bumper is off. It is in the trunk and needs to be reinstalled.
- Rear A-arm bushings will need to be replaced soon
- Slight shimmy ~55-60 MPH. May be tire balance, or bushings above.
- Has a few squeaks & rattles.
- Idles a little rough when it 1st starts but that may be from sitting for a few months
- Don't know if the AC works but I doubt it.
- Radio doesn't work. Might have a spare stereo/CD-player that can go with it.
- Taillights have some cracks and clouding
Net, it has some of the typical 240 problems. It was being driven daily and could be driven as is. But it is probably best for someone who knows 240s and can make a few repairs. It's priced accordingly. And sold As Is.
If the ad's up, the car's still for sale. We'll delete the ad when sold. Priced to sell: cash only, no checks or trades.